Our Cleanliness Commitment
Enjoy a Safe and Peaceful Stay in Carmel
Experience the beauty of the coast of Carmel peacefully without worrying about your safety when you visit the Comfort Inn Carmel by the Sea. Enhanced screening, cleaning, and lots of new measures to make your stay in our elegant downtown Carmel hotel safe and memorable.
Your well-being is top of mind for us. We are enhancing our existing cleanliness programs with guidance developed in response to the pandemic, including recommendations related to deep cleaning, disinfecting, hygiene, and social distancing.
Before You Arrive
- Enhanced schedule for sanitizing and disinfecting for the Lobby and public areas.
- Disinfecting all common areas with CDC recommended Electrostatic sprayer.
- Increased signage and distance markers to remind you to practice social distancing.
- Sanitizing stations and wipes accessible at reception.
- Plexiglass barriers installed at the reception.
- Disposable masks are also available at reception if you left yours at home.
- Streamlined check-in and check-out process to minimize contact with personnel.
Rooms + Suites
- All rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, especially the high touch point areas. Employees are trained to wear masks and gloves while cleaning.
- All guest room keys sanitized for a safe and clean experience.
- As per CDC recommendations, daily Housekeeping service has been suspended for guests staying less than three nights; towels, trash removal, and other items are always available upon request.
- Modified breakfast with "grab and go" breakfast bags that includes a whole piece of fruit, juice drink, pre-wrapped breakfast bar, and pastry, and a napkin.
- Bottled water for all guests.
- Employees are thoroughly trained in cleanliness and hygiene protocols per the Choice Clean Commitment initiative.
- All staff expected to wear masks in common areas
- All staff trained in social distancing, safety implementation, and sanitization
We encourage all guests and employees to continue to take precautions, including frequent hand washing, social distancing, and covering coughs and sneezes to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. More prevention measures may be found on the CDC website.
Wishing you good health and safe travels!
Play and Stay Local
You don't have to travel far to enjoy the area's beautiful outdoor sights and recreation. Comfort Inn Carmel by the Sea puts you within minutes of countless things to see and do safely nearby, including:
- Big Sur
- Carmel Beach
- 17 Mile Drive
- Whale Watching Tour
- Palo Corona Hiking Trail
- Point Lobos Nature Trail
In the Words of Our Guests
""The staff made it a point to ensure that everything was spotless, and our safety was attended to every step of the way!""